Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Learning Without Frontiers - London 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
"Learning Without Frontiers is the 'Davos' of the global education industry, not because it attracts the leaders of today but because it attracts the leaders of tomorrow"
Lopa Patel, MBE
The leading conference about The Future of Learning
Visit the LWF 12 main site here
Confirmed speakers for LWF 12 include:
- Ray Kurzweil, Inventor & Futurist
- Jaron Lanier, Computer Scientist
- Marjorie Scardino, CEO, Pearson
- Ellen MacArthur, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Keri Facer, Professor of Education, MMU
- Conrad Wolfram, Founder, Wolfram Research
- Martin Rees, Astronomer Royal
- Mitch Resnick, Director of Lifelong Kindergarten Group, MIT Media Lab
- Jacob Kragh, President, LEGO Education
- Francis Gilbert, Teacher & Author
- Geoff Mulgan, Chief Executive, NESTA
- Michael Brooks, Scientist & Author - Free Radicals
- Charles Leadbeater, Innovation & Creativity Leader
- Jesse Schell, Professor, Entertainment Technology & Game Design, Carnegie Mellon University, ETC
- Stephanie Schipper, VP, Web Strategy, Mozilla
More to be announced shortly.
The LWF International Conference on Learning hosted in London, January 2011 set a new global benchmark for what a conference and festival about new learning should be. See the videos.
Attended by nearly 3,000 international delegates the event welcomed thought leaders, policy makers, innovators, grassroots practitioners from the education, digital media, technology and entertainment sectors to explore and demonstrate how affordable disruptive technologies are radically reshaping and improving learning and equality of access.
Our delegates started a new conversation about the role of technology in learning that discarded entrenched thinking and sacred cows.
Renowned educators and policy makers shared the stage with artists, designers, creators, inventors, entrepreneurs, digital publishers, provocateurs and futurists all focused on creating a better learning future that would disrupt the status quo of tired thinking and redundant practice.
Challenging, provocative and intensely stimulating.
Come and join the conversation at LWF 12!
Register & receive an iPad 2* (16Gb Wi-Fi).
Units typically ship within 1 month of completed registration subject to availability and stock.
Includes shipment to UK address. Non-UK registrations please contact us
To opt-out of iPad 2 offer and save £195 use code "ipadoptout"at registration.
*terms and conditions apply
Learning Without Frontiers is a division of CloserStill Learning Ltd
When & Where
Learning Without Frontiers
Learning Without Frontiers is a global platform for disruptive thinkers and practitioners from the education, digital media, technology and entertainment sectors who come together to explorehow new disruptive technologies can drive radical efficiencies and improvements in learning whilst providing equality of access.
As part of this activity we host online communities, publish unique and valuable content, host rapidly expanding international conferences and run programmes to identify and celebrate innovative talent.
LWF joins CloserStill
Learning Without Frontiers has been acquired by CloserStill.